Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Afternoon drive home.







Well it's that time of year. The afternoon drive home usually includes a sunset. Today I managed to see this hawk circling along the edge of the road. The coloration on the trailing edge of the wings is the rays from this sunset.

I believe this is a Rough-legged hawk. But I'll wait for the birders in the reading audience to confirm my ID. Ryan B. ?

In any case it's sure nice to see some wildlife out and about.

It has been really slow for several weeks. We have recently had a weather change (snow and colder temps) and this seems to have gotten things moving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sunset shots! I like the way the colors reflect off the hawk's wings. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Indeed a Rough-legged Hawk. The lack of a broad, dark trailing edge on the undersides of the wings indicates this bird is an immature just hatched this past summer. Nice shots, Wayne.