Sunday, November 11, 2007

Testing my factory refurbed lens and camera.

Recently I sent my Canon len (100-400mm) and Canon 20D camera off for a factory refub including cleaning and adjustments. These photos are a few of the first I've taken since getting both back. At least at this point it appears they did manage to get them clean. I'm not seeing any of those annoying dust specks that were pretty common before they were refurbed.



Goldfinch


Bohemian Waxwing


Bohemian Waxwing


Cleaning the lens and camera isn't going to help me ID this gull. Ryan?



Ring-billed Gull

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both gulls are Ring-billed Gulls. The second is a full-blown adult but the first is a "first-winter" bird. It was hatched this past summer and since then has started to molt in its adult-like feathers (hence the gray back). It will be three years before it attains the plumage and leg/bill markings like the adult bird. Who knew "seagulls" could be so fascinating?

Anonymous said...

Looks like they did a nice job cleaning your camera. How do you feel about sending your spare to Africa... fully insured.

Love
Shapesmith.