Sunday, December 09, 2007

Highbridge Aviary.

We spent a few hours with friends today. Enjoyed breakfast, watched birds at the feeders (Robins, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Finches, Sparrows, Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers, Nuthatches and Pine Grosbeaks), we watch Nick work on the wood pile and of course we watched the Packers game. Oh and one final thing I think I may have discovered a "new bird species". See details below.













A rare sighting for this area.
I believe this is a tangerine tuft crested, florescent breasted Highbridge Dove.

4 comments:

coldH2O said...

Great! Thanks for the laugh at the end, I needed it. Wonderful bird pics.

billie said...

i think you may want to call national geographic! this is a rare bird indeed! :) beautiful

Us said...

good lord! i actually screamed out loud when i got down to this one! here in minnesota that is known as the common whooping-bronchitis wifeymombird.

Shutterwi said...

theadelmans

That's great! I'm laughing out loud and the kids at school think I'm nuts.