Tuesday, April 22, 2008

First long bike ride of 2008. Boy did it feel great.



A new section of the bike path has been finished. This new section is in front of the "Round House Well" It's great! With this section completed it leaves only the section in front of the Chequamegon Hotel undone. Hopefully this last section will be completed during the summer construction season. I took these photos with my cellphone camera.



With the new section there is also a new bridge.

This first ride was a slight milestone for me. This past October I had heart surgery. For several months I have looked forward to getting out on my mountain bike yet I worried about how long it would take to be able to manage the 10+ mile rides. Well today it was 11.5 miles along the Ashland City bike path and it felt great. I will have to see how my butt feels tommorrow. Slightly sore I would guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shutter,
Been a while, lots of changes, but much still to be thankful for. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Sorry to hear about the passing of Mum-she is a true saint. Give me a call sometime-all our best and love to you and Mrs Shutter

The Southern Yoopers