Thursday, December 23, 2010

How about a virtual ride through Ashland?

This site has regular readers, including our family and friends from the east coast, friends from the "sunshine state", friends and family on the west coast and Hawaii. European, middle and far east visitors occasionally stop by as well. And of course my Wisconsin and Minnesota family and friends.

I would imagine many of them are in the military. And any opportunity to see home is always welcome.  Some may have lived in Ashland and now live elsewhere.

So for all my family, friends and casual visitors.... here is my small Christmas gift for you. Both of these videos were shot in HD video.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.


This is the short 2:00 minute teaser version. Buckle your seat belt.


This is the longer 8:55 minute version.  The get a cup of coffee, a coke or a glass of wine version. The put up your feet and enjoy version.

6 comments:

hizzoner said...

Enjoyed the full version of it. I kept thinking that if I didn't get the snow out of the middle of 2nd street FAST my phone wouldbe ringing off the hook!!lol Old instincts die hard!

Thank you so much

Shutterwi said...

hizzoner.....
I thought I heard your name brought up somewhere along Main Street.

Barb Spado said...

Miss Ashland, But MOST of all Miss seeing you, Donna and the whole gang!

Nancy / Chicago, IL said...

My daughter is a freshman at Northland College and has absolutely fallen in love with Ashland.
I've only made quick trips to visit the school or move her into the dorms, but I hope to spend much more time in Ashland in the future. I truly enjoyed watching your videos! Keep up the good work!

Shutterwi said...

Nancy/Chicago

Thanks for the kind comment.

Ashland is a great place to live. My wife and I moved here in 1978 from the Boston area.

My email address is on the front page. We have had kids living away.

If your daughter ever needs any help while she is in Ashland feel free to contact us via email.

Nancy / Chicago said...

Thank you so much! That was one of the things that impressed us so much (besides the beauty) about the area - the people were so awesome!