Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring road trip to Herbster Wi. Boys with toys edition.

BEFORE you watch the video below warning: This video could be and maybe should be titled the "Boy with a Toy(s)" video. The video is longer than I would usually post and is loaded with lots of video editing tricks. Some good, some bad and some poorly executed.

I am trying to dig deeper into my video editing software to learn some of the more advance features. Rather than use the "sample" video suggested I decided to use this real live example.

The "Instant Replay" at 4:38 mark might be a LITTLE over kill although it does offer some nice momentary views of an immature eagle underwing patterns as well as a great few seconds of the same eagle landing on a branch. I hope you enjoy the subject matter and ignore the amateur video editing.

For those of you that have never seen a Blue Jay and a Pileated Woodpecker in the same photo (see at 6:29 mark) watch carefully. There is a brief moment where you can compare the size difference between the two birds.

Oh! the bong, bong, bong sound you here at the 6:29 mark is my "keys in the ignition warning" in slow motion. I like it far better that way it is far less annoying. To all my fasten your seat belt readers, you know who you are. Take That! bong! bong! bong!

Here is the source of the raw footage I used.

A road trip to Herbster Wi today. Along an approximate 100 yards of County Hwy C. We saw and videotaped an adult bald eagle, immature bald eagle, ravens, pileated woodpecker and a blue jay. The eagles and ravens were competing for the carcass of a dead deer.







3 comments:

coldH2O said...

I suppose if I had a bong, I wouldn't care if I fastened my seat belt either. I am a bit p.o.'d however that you haven't felt the need to share.

Shutterwi said...

And this from a guy who admits to having had a brief time out from reality in 1967

It's all coming together now.

Did I say bong....I meant boing.

coldH2O said...

Nice try but boing boing is just the same as bong, bong, bong.