Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Winter fishing.


For the readers in warmer climates.This is an icefishing shack. Two people can comfortably (it's heated) fish in this shack. The shack is sitting on probably 15-18" of ice over 25-30 feet of water. In the foreground is a power ice auger for boring holes in the ice. Notice the nose of the pickup truck sticking out from behind the shack. If you've never seen ice conditions like this and ice fishing go rent Grumpy Old Men and watch it. The movie was filmed in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Come to think of it I've fished with guys just like those in the movie. I'll have to check the photo archives. Maybe photos to follow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CALL IT ICE FISHING BUT I THINK FOR YOU IT JUST SITTING ON THE ICE
I'M JUST JOKING YOU SHOULD SEE THE SHACK NOW IT IS 8FT OFF THE GROUND AND IN THE WOODS WITH THREE 4X5 SLIDING WINDOWS

Shutterwi said...

Nothing is permanant!

pissed off patricia said...

Are you sure that house wasn't blown up there by the last hurricanes? I'm down here in Florida and I have never seen that sight. It's a very pretty picture and it chills me just to look at it.

Shutterwi said...

pop

It's a time share how about swapping a week.

I'll even provide fishing bait.

All you need to provide is 60 extra degrees of temperature and sun.

Deal?

pissed off patricia said...

Ahhhhh, nope! I can offer sun, sand, and surf but I want no snow or ice fishing in return. Let's just call it a gift rather than a swap. :)