Monday, June 19, 2006

This scene has always made me smile.





This little red two wheel Schwinn bike is 30 years old this year. It was first ridden by our oldest son who is now 33. Since then the little red two wheeler has been shared with family and friends. This is the first two wheeler many of todays young adult learned to ride.

Today it was taken out of storage cleaned, adjusted and had the training wheels added.

When this new little rider has finished and moved to a larger bike her brother will be next in line to learn to ride a two wheeler.

When he is done the little red two wheeler will go back into storage to wait for the next rider who needs a new bike to to ride.

Watching this today made me smile and it brought tears to my eyes. Thirty years ago we were the proud parents walking along side as our three year old learned to ride.

I think with a little luck and care this little red two wheeler has a lot of new riders in it's future.

6 comments:

Spadoman said...

Yep, I'm gonna miss you. Thanks for helpin' the wee ones get up on two wheels. I got one comin' your way soon myself you know.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this milestone with us.

Shutterwi said...

It was my pleasure.

Anonymous said...

is shapesmith scott???? are you really 33????

Shutterwi said...

Yes and YES

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!!

amazing how we don't get older but our kids sure do