Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wildlife and sanity seem to be returning to my world.



The days are getting longer. The migratory birds are returning and passing through the Chequamegon Bay area. It's great to have "new subjects" to photograph. Some colors are popping out from under the snow. This time last year ice fishing was just about over. All of the landings were inaccessible. This year seems to be on a similar time line.




I was met by this male Cardinal this morning as I was leaving the yard. I had the camera and the 400mm lens.. but did not have a tripod or a monopod. I found the best rest I could and at least managed to get it's wonderful song. I would suggest closing your eyes and just listening.

For those who suffer with motion sickness you might want to hold on and take a dramamine.... just kidding.  Enjoy the song if not the ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Early trout season is just around the corner.