Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012's first trip on Chequamegon Bay. 8-10" of ice. Fish biting

Maiden voyage for 2012. As usual more equipment than needed yet still missing some key things. Notice my new high tech Arctic Armor float suit. Not something you want to have to use but safety first. Visit this website to see how it "works".

The day started out perfect. Sunny, cold and clear. It soon turned to cloudy and overcast. 


Setup and fishing. This is one of our favorite spots. A GPS is a wonderful thing. We return to this site year after year and it most always produce fish. Today I out fished my nephew that rarely ever happens. GLOAT GLOAT.

A view looking SW toward Xcel Power Plant.


My nephew Skip. Who caught less fish than me. Gloat gloat. Boy I'm going to pay for gloating. But considering the score is probably Skip 1000, Unk 1. I'm enjoying the win.



Supper. Fresh perch and a Coho.

No comments: